When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any tips on how to get headlights, and tail lights working on a '61 Fligntliner

-
LED conversion is probably easier than making the incandescents work again. Take a look at some antique flashlight repair videos and you will get the basics. DC circuits are super easy to understand.

Rusty @rustystone2112 by contact do you mean a small piece of strip metal bolted to the battery contact, and over to the end of the bulb?

Yes, and all 4 battery contacts must be isolated with the fibre shoulder washers to keep them separate from the switch & battery tray

DFA4E2C7-46B2-46C8-9501-9801B57F2762.jpeg

Last edited:
LED conversion is probably easier than making the incandescents work again. Take a look at some antique flashlight repair videos and you will get the basics. DC circuits are super easy to understand.

Thanks Andrew. It's YouTube to the rescue. I'll look at some vids.

Thanks Rusty. That's what I saw in my old mushy brain. Looks easy enough
No problem. Just remember the metal strip can not touch the mounting bracket , it must be isolated like the switch side and the contacts at the other end . The switch closes the loop completing the circuit. The battery tray is the ground thats why the battery contacts must be isolated.

Back