When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any way to remove sun fade from stingray seat?

-

1937Zenith

Finally riding a big boys bike
Anyone know if there is any way or a trick to get rid of sun fade/burn on this stingray seat? Might be a dumb question but had to ask because I know there are tricks on yellowed Bmx seats or rims that brighten them up using peroxide etc. I’m happy with it either way but would like to brighten it up if at all possible. Luckily the material still is flexible and not super dry rotted. Thanks In advance

B27962BF-84F2-4AE1-9DBD-F4CE925B322E.jpeg

Last edited:
That is sun burnt, not sun fade. There is a clear vinyl on top and then the colored glitter material underneath. Where I live this is a common problem with all exposed upholstery material, and once it's gets like that there is nothing I know of that will bring it back. If someone has a cure for that over baked vinyl, I'd really like to know about it.

Anyone know if there is any way or a trick to get rid of sun fade/burn on this stingray seat? Might be a dumb question but had to ask because I know there are tricks on yellowed Bmx seats or rims that brighten them up using peroxide etc. I’m happy with it either way but would like to brighten it up if at all possible. Luckily the material still is flexible and not super dry rotted. Thanks In advance

View attachment 1649426
No

Back