When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody else ever butt purchase something?!?

-
So this is resolved but still a bit of a mystery. I don't know how it got purchased, possibly my account was hacked. I thought it would be simple to just cancel it but not so much. Here's the convo (start at the bottom and read up) I ended up having to call Paypal and ebay to cancel the order. They were actually delightfully pleasant to deal with.

Everything I've found says you need to cancel the order.

seller
i have just looked at help and contact, and it says you the buyer have to cancel the order, why did you pay for it if you did not buy it​
bikewhorder:
Thats me. Please don't ship it to me. Please just cancel this order. I don't know whats going on but I did not buy this item. Its possible I fumbled with my phone at 5 am (my time) this morning and somehow bought it accidentially but it was certainly not intentional. Feel free to report this to ebay but please do not ship this item to me. I cannot cancel the transaction on my end it has to be done by you.​
seller
yes it is do you know him? i am getting a bit worried now, is this some kind of scam?​
bikewhorder:
So is there another ebay member listed as the buyer? If the shipping address is to Chris Steiner, please don't send it there.​
bikewhorder:
I am in the united states. Is the buyer you are refering to "bikewhorder"? That is me.
seller
So am I. it sold to a buyer in the United States and he has paid for it, its packed ready to go, the wires got crossed somewhere,​
bikewhorder:
Your item clearly shows up in my email and in my eBay purchases. I'm super confused as to what's going on.​
seller
hi, thats ok regards
No please cancel this transaction! I don't know how it ended up as something I bought, I did not buy this!
seller
hi thank you for buying the lamp, and quick payment, i will post the lamp in the morning, regards​
bikewhorder:
This email just showed up as a confirmed order and I have no idea how it happened I did not place this order! Please cancel this order as soon as possible!

Happened to me once while I was at work. Luckily the guy was cool and canceled the transaction no problem. Strange things happen to my phone once it enters my pocket...almost as if it has a life all it's own!

Happened to me once while I was at work. Luckily the guy was cool and canceled the transaction no problem. Strange things happen to my phone once it enters my pocket...almost as if it has a life all it's own!

The smart phones have a habit of playing games with their owners. The worst that can happen to me with my dumb phone is butt dial someone. 😱

I had a phone that butt dialed 911 on a regular basis that my company gave me. I always thought it was nice of the 911 people to call and check on me.

Better make sure that you didn’t get hacked. Someone got into gmail account which let them into my eBay account. They couldn’t purchase anything because they couldn’t access my PayPal, but they did change my shipping address to some apartment in Pennsylvania. Luckily, since I had purchased something just the day before and noticed the address change when I purchased something else the next morning, I was able to get ahold of a seller in time to stop a DX tank from going there.

Drunk bid on stuff plenty, best was max bidding$500 on something, then my friends and I all watching bids cheering when someone else bid it up, 2 minutes left and was at $430, stalling out... said I won, we all booed, then said not highest bidder....yea, went for$503! Whew

Back