When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody know RustyFox?

-
Sorry this is happening to you again you must feel like your becoming a target for scammers. I see from his profile he is in WV that is only about 6 hrs from me if you can get him to release the bike I will go down there and pick it up and ship it to you.

Sorry this is happening to you again you must feel like your becoming a target for scammers. I see from his profile he is in WV that is only about 6 hrs from me if you can get him to release the bike I will go down there and pick it up and ship it to you.
Is there a way we can create a thread for people who have been scammed so we can list all the info about the offender? Also create a safe list of member that we have bought and sold to and from so we can see if they are safe to deal with?

Is there a way we can create a thread for people who have been scammed so we can list all the info about the offender? Also create a safe list of member that we have bought and sold to and from so we can see if they are safe to deal with?
I always thought it'd be a good idea to have trading stats like Ratrod bikes or similar to EBay even. I remember a discussion about that a while back, but not many were into it.

Deals are private,conversations should be the same. Two sides to every story. Innocent until proven guilty. These drama threads do absolutely no good for anyone,including the reputation of The CABE . Just my opinion.

i would like to know who the dirtbags are before i send any money.
...... the Cabe is hurting itself by not having a feedback section .

i would like to know who the dirtbags are before i send any money.
...... the Cabe is hurting itself by not having a feedback section .
So, Hmmmmm-----I tried to take up for this guy on an earlier post, but I`ve almost had enough of this---------- nobody else knows this guy or has bought from or sold anything to him in the past? Rusty Fox? Anybody? Any Friends here? SPEAK UP! Anybody? No New messages , Amanda? Another week passes...It`s time then. What`s his real name Amanda? Right Now--- Email, Phone Number, Town and Street Address? POST IT HERE... HE`S HAD ENOUGH TIME. It`s been several weeks- months already. Let`s get serious... Old Rusty... I`ll find and Post his picture here! `Make him a Poster Child for what not to do. We don`t need a separate forum or Feedback Section for this- you handle it one case at a time-and be serious about it and---- it has to be handled in a timely fashion before members forget. Any of our membership could fall victim to him again on another Bicycle site or on Ebay, or Etsy or otherwise. I want to spread the word about... Old Rusty." All you had to do was call her Son... Now, its business... You`ve stolen money from one of our favorite members..." Yes, it`s stealing, Son. And if you don`t do what you promise ---
"it`s a lie..." And Lying is Wrong, too... And when I found out you did this to one of our lady members...was a MAJOR MISTAKE --Now it is time to get serious. We know that you`ve logged in on the site recently several times- with no messages or apologies to Miss Amanda... Do you think you`re safe- it will blow over- and you can do it again--"Wrong, Son..."
I was going back through some of his old posts and comments on this site. In one, he had found an old girls Schwinn, but didn`t really know much about old bikes, in fact " nothing." But in the background were other Antique type- flea market items spread around. I think he either is a Picker that sells at a Flea Market or fancies himself a Picker and picked up the Antique Bicycle thing from the American Pickers Show. I don`t know what you bought from him Amanda, or if you saw pictures- but there`s a good chance that he had pictures of a bike he never owned . He may have intended to go back and buy it with your money and something went wrong. So, he can`t ship it to you. But, beyond your money (which I `m sad about) he can`t come back here to this site EVER without making it right.` " Cause I said so..." But what happens when Mr. Rusty does finally find that One Great Bike, a Bluebird, Shelby, Dayton whatever? He can`t sell it here, we`re not gonna trust and send thousands of dollars to young RustyFox, or even Five Dollars ever again, because, "WE WILL NOT FORGET HOW HE TREATED MISS AMANDA" and he cannot do business here. And, if I get his real name - I`ll shut him down on Ebay, too. And so, he`s lost his best buyers for Antique Bicycles and Parts, forever. HE`LL BE OUT OF THE BICYCLE BUSINESS. He `ll still be lurking around but he can`t ever post anything here again- because when his name pops up- the Members will shut him down. We need to stick together. How many members do we have? I don`t care if he finds Grandpa Arnold Schwinn`s Personal Bike." All you had to do was call her, Son...and ship what you promised" He will try to strike again most likely at the "Wanted" Section. Keep your eye out. Remember that name "RUSTYFOX"- it`s sad, but you`re done here boy... "You traded your place here for $200 - kinda STUPID..." RUSTYFOX- SHUT HIM DOWN. Old Rusty- be glad you don`t owe me, Son----------------Cowboy

So, Hmmmmm-----I tried to take up for this guy on an earlier post, but I`ve almost had enough of this---------- nobody else knows this guy or has bought from or sold anything to him in the past? Rusty Fox? Anybody? Any Friends here? SPEAK UP! Anybody? No New messages , Amanda? Another week passes...It`s time then. What`s his real name Amanda? Right Now--- Email, Phone Number, Town and Street Address? POST IT HERE... HE`S HAD ENOUGH TIME. It`s been several weeks- months already. Let`s get serious... Old Rusty... I`ll find and Post his picture here! `Make him a Poster Child for what not to do. We don`t need a separate forum or Feedback Section for this- you handle it one case at a time-and be serious about it and---- it has to be handled in a timely fashion before members forget. Any of our membership could fall victim to him again on another Bicycle site or on Ebay, or Etsy or otherwise. I want to spread the word about... Old Rusty." All you had to do was call her Son... Now, its business... You`ve stolen money from one of our favorite members..." Yes, it`s stealing, Son. And if you don`t do what you promise ---
"it`s a lie..." And Lying is Wrong, too... And when I found out you did this to one of our lady members...was a MAJOR MISTAKE --Now it is time to get serious. We know that you`ve logged in on the site recently several times- with no messages or apologies to Miss Amanda... Do you think you`re safe- it will blow over- and you can do it again--"Wrong, Son..."
I was going back through some of his old posts and comments on this site. In one, he had found an old girls Schwinn, but didn`t really know much about old bikes, in fact " nothing." But in the background were other Antique type- flea market items spread around. I think he either is a Picker that sells at a Flea Market or fancies himself a Picker and picked up the Antique Bicycle thing from the American Pickers Show. I don`t know what you bought from him Amanda, or if you saw pictures- but there`s a good chance that he had pictures of a bike he never owned . He may have intended to go back and buy it with your money and something went wrong. So, he can`t ship it to you. But, beyond your money (which I `m sad about) he can`t come back here to this site EVER without making it right.` " Cause I said so..." But what happens when Mr. Rusty does finally find that One Great Bike, a Bluebird, Shelby, Dayton whatever? He can`t sell it here, we`re not gonna trust and send thousands of dollars to young RustyFox, or even Five Dollars ever again, because, "WE WILL NOT FORGET HOW HE TREATED MISS AMANDA" and he cannot do business here. And, if I get his real name - I`ll shut him down on Ebay, too. And so, he`s lost his best buyers for Antique Bicycles and Parts, forever. HE`LL BE OUT OF THE BICYCLE BUSINESS. He `ll still be lurking around but he can`t ever post anything here again- because when his name pops up- the Members will shut him down. We need to stick together. How many members do we have? I don`t care if he finds Grandpa Arnold Schwinn`s Personal Bike." All you had to do was call her, Son...and ship what you promised" He will try to strike again most likely at the "Wanted" Section. Keep your eye out. Remember that name "RUSTYFOX"- it`s sad, but you`re done here boy... "You traded your place here for $200 - kinda STUPID..." RUSTYFOX- SHUT HIM DOWN. Old Rusty- be glad you don`t owe me, Son----------------Cowboy

C'mon Cowboy,,, you can't go posting all this common sense on the Cabe :grinning:

Back