When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody know what this was originally?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You'd have to take a close look in person and review what catalogs can be found on the issue. The catalogs themselves don't always show or list everything that existed, but it's better than no guide at all. If the bracket is an old addition, done by a skilled framebuilder, and the bike has been painted since, it can be very hard to tell if factory or not based on photos. I would lean towards aftermarket addition, but "never say never" with these old lightweights because you could custom order them if you really wanted something added. The easy ones are the new changes or sloppy ones. The ones that are hard to tell are the ones done a long time ago by someone who knew what they were doing. In person examination often reveals more than the online photos. It's an interesting project but I would not throw big money after that.

if it were local and cheaper I'd buy it for a project as well. I watch those brake levers on ebay and even rusty ones they want $100.00 minimum.

The derailleur says Le Tour. First gen?
That bracket looks like it's og. There are pics here somewhere of a Conti with the super rare cyclo option although this doesn't seem to be a Continental.
How long were world racers offered?
Maybe an ordered upgrade?
spitballin'
ask for the SA hub date maybe.

Sure looks like a thrown together back yard custom to me. I wonder how it rides and shifts. It may take a double hit on the clutch pedal to shift that. 😜

-----

the gear hanger appears it may be one of the patterns from Huret

catalogue page of 1956 -

1650674766780.png

Simplex (Juy) and Cyclo of England

had similar gear hanger patterns

Cyclo of England hanger -

this is item Ref. no. T/E

-----

Last edited:
Back