When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody use Sturmey-Archer 2 speed kickback hubs?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Overdrive...

I know of a guy that installed one on a track style lightweight. He says it works fine. I was hoping they would make an "underdrive" like the old Bendix Red and Yellow band hubs.

I have the S2C and LOVE it. There were issues when first released (a few years ago '09ish?), but since then addressed by S-A. There's also a freewheel version, S2.

1st gear is @ 100%, 2nd @ 138% IIRC....or very close to that.

It's on my "go to" bicycle that I use for commuting and even been on a number of 40 miler rides w/ it.

Also using a front drum hub XL-FD with it. While braking it also shifts. Might have to “double tap” on the hub @ times. The first time of “being a kid” again on it; riding no hands w/ trying to shift/brake almost became a catastrophe :eek:

Now, back to looking @ "old" bike parts for me ;)

CHEERS (w/ 2 gears) !

I bought this Sturmey-Archer S2C kickback hub over the summer:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005ELVVDU/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

The first hub had internal problems, Sturmey sent me replacement guts at no extra cost. 5 minutes to swap them and it works great.

I laced it into this rim for my custom Spaceliner:

spaceliner_zps30f8d9c4-1.jpg

spaceliner3_zps72338756-1.jpg

Badass Spaceliner......seems like there's a lot of problems with the hubs but SA are standing behind them.....guess I'll have to check it out

I put one in a set of Alienation 24" hoops for my 46 Schwinn Rat bike and I love it...No problems at all

Rick

1B79FCF13CCA4E7B8734AB15F4CE150F59690000-1.jpg

0ACA350ECF0045CD94B47C34A0F1C80159690000-1.jpg

Badass Spaceliner......seems like there's a lot of problems with the hubs but SA are standing behind them.....guess I'll have to check it out

Thanks!

Yeah it seems pretty hit or miss but they stand behind them. They didn't even ask for proof that I bought the hub, I just emailed and they asked for my address. That kind of made it seem like its a common problem.

Back