When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Cataloging Date Code Stamps?

-

rustjunkie

. . . . . . .
A cool thing about Schwinn bicycles is that many of the parts were date code stamped.
has anybody been keeping an eye on these and noting what they came from to put a date range to them? here's a bottom bracket and crank the came out of a frame serial #'d to 1949.

image.jpeg

Not many parts were dated until the mid 60's. I've noted a few years back that the blade forks were dated with month and year stamping on the inside of the left leg just above the axle slot. earliest one I've had was 1961.

Not many parts were dated until the mid 60's. I've noted a few years back that the blade forks were dated with month and year stamping on the inside of the left leg just above the axle slot. earliest one I've had was 1961.

Really? I didn't know they started so late. In that case, replacing the broken parts on my bike shouldn't be all that stressful. It was made prior to date coding, if that is the case.

Back