When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else suffer from this?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Its a version of OCD, if not the entire affliction.
I have a collecting bug and am like a crow flying above the crowd picking out shiny things to line my nest with. It started when I was young as a way for my parents to keep me busy. I was an early member of the Beer Can Collectors of America and had one of the best, rarest and most extensive collections on the east coast. I found two previously unknown brands back in the early 80's... in mint condition... in pairs, along with 30 other obscure and minty cans. All in pairs. It made quite a stir at the "Can-vention" in Atlanta that year. The attention validated my obsessive side and did not help quell the clutter.
Then, several times throughout my life I have dropped everything and liquidated. (twice with beer cans) At an extensive loss of course.
I moved up to motorcycles and cars and eventually liquidated them also. I've gone through the "smaller stuff takes up less room and money" compromises and all the other ways to clamp down but unfortunately, I've got the money and time to waste. This latest pre-war Armstrong bike is weighing on me heavily.
I've given the permission to my family and friends to admonish me and call me out when things get too much. I limit myself to two working bikes for myself and one for my better but I've got parts and knick-knacks of different types all over the place. I have my own 13 step program. The first step being recognizing the problem, and the 13th... Martini.
Exploring different Life Philosophies has helped. "material items are a weight on our souls and un-needed clutter in our minds"
Easy to say....

I know I have a bike problem , but like most of my problems I thought I could handle it. I recently lost one of my storage units and had to cram all my bikes into what space I had left. I said no more projects till I move some out or find another storage spot. That week I brought home 5 more bikes. I have purchased 2 more bikes after that. last night I proclaimed out loud to myself that no more bikes unless I make room. Yet first thing this morning I'm back at it searching CL and the Cabe for possible bikes to purchase. I know I'm not alone in suffering from this condition. Has anyone given a name to what I suffer from?
Yeah, i got the same problem that's called "more bikes than storage space". I do this all the time and i just can't seem to kick this BAAAD habit. Well at least it's better than ALCHOLISM!!!

Its a version of OCD, if not the entire affliction.
I have a collecting bug and am like a crow flying above the crowd picking out shiny things to line my nest with. It started when I was young as a way for my parents to keep me busy. I was an early member of the Beer Can Collectors of America and had one of the best, rarest and most extensive collections on the east coast. I found two previously unknown brands back in the early 80's... in mint condition... in pairs, along with 30 other obscure and minty cans. All in pairs. It made quite a stir at the "Can-vention" in Atlanta that year. The attention validated my obsessive side and did not help quell the clutter.
Then, several times throughout my life I have dropped everything and liquidated. (twice with beer cans) At an extensive loss of course.
I moved up to motorcycles and cars and eventually liquidated them also. I've gone through the "smaller stuff takes up less room and money" compromises and all the other ways to clamp down but unfortunately, I've got the money and time to waste. This latest pre-war Armstrong bike is weighing on me heavily.
I've given the permission to my family and friends to admonish me and call me out when things get too much. I limit myself to two working bikes for myself and one for my better but I've got parts and knick-knacks of different types all over the place. I have my own 13 step program. The first step being recognizing the problem, and the 13th... Martini.
Exploring different Life Philosophies has helped. "material items are a weight on our souls and un-needed clutter in our minds"
Easy to say....
"DO NOT HAVE. DO, not have"

Back