When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone else using a Simplex?

-

Demzie

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Simplex Click Shifters are.. incredible.
The durability and quality of the shift is just awesome.

I'd like to see how you've used yours!

Erin

I just got one, without a clamp. The action feels great.

Did yours come with a bracket or did you make your own?

I just got one, without a clamp. The action feels great.

Did yours come with a bracket or did you make your own?
It came with. Kind of an Awkward flange, really but it gets the job done.
Why do you ask?

I’m looking at my options and trying to decide whether I pony up for one with a bracket and move this one on or try to fabricate my own bracket.

Would you mind taking a photo of the bracket on yours, please, for my reference?

Mine is going on a 1977 Stingray five speed that came with a thumb shifter originally, I think, but is missing the original shifter.

I’m looking at my options and trying to decide whether I pony up for one with a bracket and move this one on or try to fabricate my own bracket.

Would you mind taking a photo of the bracket on yours, please, for my reference?

Mine is going on a 1977 Stingray five speed that came with a thumb shifter originally, I think, but is missing the original shifter.
I can definitely do that for you this evening.

I used a simplex stick for several months before finding a Spyder shifter at a reasonable price. it was a "click shift" type that was not very compatible with my contemporary cogset. I was only able to use 3 gears with the simplex shifter.

sunset flightliner.jpg

Back