When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone ever see a solid steel seat post before?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have one that's about 2 feet long and has a solid bar inside it, looks factory.... weighs about ten pounds, LoL! It hangs out of the mattress on my girls side just in case!

Here's a solid steel seat post like this. It weighs a ton! I don't think a manufacturer would waste all that steel making a seat post. If they made the whole bike that way, it would be so stinking heavy you couldn't pick it up! Anyone heard of such a thing like this one?

I do own some lucky seven seat posts but have never seen this style before.

Check it out.

View attachment 1423764
View attachment 1423765
View attachment 1423766

Here is a pic of "MY" solid steel seat post on my 1937 Westfield Sterling. The bike came with the original, very short, solid lucky 7 that rendered the bike totally useless to me........Quick trip to Lowes for some stock 36" long solid steel rod, measured off 16", put the cut-off wheel to it, and instant "correct" seat height, "for me". The leftover piece will become a long lucky 7 for another bike.

You're welcome. 😀

Colson "L" seat post (like the one in #5 above, but without the chrome) was too short for comfortable pedaling. It measures 3/4" at the frame end and 5/8" at the seat end. So the Miscellaneous Metal Bits Bin yielded up a 3/4" tent stake. Use of a hacksaw resulted in a solid seat post. Also needed to fabricate an aluminum shim to allow use of a seat with a 7/8" clamp. That Firestone (Colson made) frame is so heavy the additional weight of a solid post is negligible.

Back