When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here own a Miami / Flying Merkel Bicycle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Brother Patric, Thanks for all the cool info.

Catfish

Brother Catfish ... you are very welcome ... but I can't take credit for the initial-posting of those magazine cuts.

Am indebted to fordsnake (Carlton) .. and .. chitown (Chris) for those.

I did edit and modify some chronological information I had posted, earlier. The entry now reflects info posted by
way of those magazine cuts provided by fordsnake and chitown.

See Page 34 ... Entry #335 ... of this thread.

......... patric

==========
==========

Last edited:
I have been super lazy and just this morning decided to put my 1917 merkel project together for a photo or two. I have the correct saddle on its way and im only missing 1 correct fender brace along with the rack and pedals.

Nick.
merkel.jpg
merkel 2.jpg
merkel 3.jpg

just this morning decided to put my 1917 merkel project together for a photo or two. I have the correct saddle on its way and im only missing 1 correct fender brace along with the rack and pedals.

Nick.

I say -- I say ... That ain't no J.C. Higgins, son ... That Is A Flying Merkel !!

Very PROUD of you Nick ... you done good !!!!!!!

..... patric

=================================
=================================

Here's a ML decal. As always great job Patric! I'm sorry for my absence, but I've been preoccupied with the RatRod build off.

WELCOME BACK -- fordsnake ... seems like you've been away an eternity. Hope things are going well on that build.

Great Merkel Light Decal ... have always wondered if that company in Pottstown, PA ever made bicycles ... along with
the motorcycles they built. For those of you readers who may not know, The Merkel-Light Motor Co. was purchased by
The Miami Cycle & Manuf. Co. (Middletown, OH) in 1911.

Thanks again -- Carlton !

....... patric

ScreenShot20131217at74909AMpng-1.jpg

113Merkel.jpg

=============
=============

Last edited:
How'd You Do Dat ??

C'mon, now ... have had waaay too many good CABErs writin' me off the line ... patric ... what's the story on
those B-Tracker Bars ... How did you set up that saddle a-la B-Tracker ... What kinda saddle is that ??

links and kinks 2014 .. b.JPG

links and kinks 2014 .. c.jpg

The flat-drop bars were salvaged from the ass-end of a beater Colson trike frame. 7/8" OD with a 1" center sleeve.
Measured the exact INSIDE DISTANCE between the dropped ends.

Vised them up ... sparked the torch ... cherry-red in the curve of the bar-end Not vised ... 3-Foot Solid Steel Rod in the
bar-end makes a great lever .....that bar-end gets pulled exactly 7/8" away from the vised end. Let 'er cool.

Place the modified end in the vise ... sparked the torch .. repeat. If you are met with good fortune, those modded ends
will lay flat on a granite countertop. If not .. torch and tweak.

Balloontyre gifted me with a seat stem .. a seat stem that does it's job very-well .. all-the-while operating in stealth-mode ..
(the seat stem, not Ivo ...). Are you wonderin' if this type of stem has a special name ?? At sometime in my life i heard a
reference to a similar stem ... stooler ... (please keep your thoughts to yourself .. especially if those thoughts were generated
by a mind that's been generating dirty thoughts since Noah first saw a billy-goat and a ... aw, never mind).

The saddle is a Sager ... very similar to BBC's Girl's Flying Merkel that he has for sale. My saddle choice and the appearance
of the girl's FM saddle are purely coincidental.

Now peep these pics .....

...... patric

25727618_1_x.jpg

25727618%20%20%20stooler%20%20001.jpg

flying_merkelblue06.jpg

=================
=================

Last edited:
Back