When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone here own a Miami / Flying Merkel Bicycle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Larmo63 ... Only the Racycle has those outside bearings ... the Flying Merkel may or may not have a 'split'
bottom bracket ... my 1912 does .. and lots of observation in the field will inform the observer that the Miami
Cycle Co. stable consisted of the Racycle (company's top o' the line marque) .. the Flying Merkel .. the Hudson
and the Miami.

One can also find bicycles in the Flying Merkel .. Hudson and Miami Lines having a 'split' bottom bracket. AND ..
one can find bicycles (in these lines) having the casting for the split bottom bracket .. but that bottom bracket
was never "split" (verb) ... nor were the pinch-bolt holes drilled for pinch-bolts and nuts.

In addition .. all marques EXCEPT the Miami were produced as full-on motorcycles. The company planned on its
bottom-end marque (comparative quality with other three -- just less expensive) .. to represent the motorized
two-wheeler in the form of a Motorized Bicycle ... and the unit was marketed that way.

Sorry ... couldn't locate a Hudson Motorcycle ad. But .. check out what feature Miami Cycle has installed within the
Hudson bicycle that this ad (below) brags about.

...................... patric

Attachments

• HM1_441.jpg
    HM1_441.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 507
  • $T2eC16dHJGoFFu7I17RDBSYwySz(sw~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16dHJGoFFu7I17RDBSYwySz(sw~~60_57.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 460
  • 1907_Racycle_MC_June9.jpg
    1907_Racycle_MC_June9.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 587
  • $T2eC16RHJHYE9nzpdVW+BRUVFSrCGg~~60_57.jpg
    $T2eC16RHJHYE9nzpdVW+BRUVFSrCGg~~60_57.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 478
Larmo63 ... Wow-Wee-Wow-Wow !!! Those clips are beautiful to my eyes !!! Can think of a couple of rides in my herd
that could benefit with the appearance of those, cuddling-up to the track pedals !!!

YOU DONE GOOD !!!

................... patric

Double Nickle ... it will be when it arrives ... it was a Buy It Now ... $100+ AND shipping ...
there was another one running on e-b from a different seller ... maybe bid up to twice the price.

This is the third Flying Merkel wrench I've scored ... but wait ... there's more >>> am braggin'
for a reason ... lettin' the readers know THEY (wrenches) ARE OUT THERE !!! I'm done grabbin'
these ... three is TWO too many ................. but I ain't sellin' any ... maybe trade ... one day.

................ patric

Last edited:
Here's a badge decal.

Attachments

• Flying%20Merkel[1] (2).jpg
    Flying%20Merkel[1] (2).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 489
Back