When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone know about this J.C. HIGGINS Barn find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

eureka1

Look Ma, No Hands!
Pulled this out of a pile of old bikes and stuff in a barn today.Anyone know anything about these? Year? Is this worth anything? parts? I think the J.C. HIGGINS crank is cool and the Eureka ca. bike license plate . Are these pales worth anything ? Thx in advance !
Martin

IMG_2352.jpeg

IMG_2353.jpeg

IMG_2356.jpeg

IMG_2358.jpeg

IMG_2359.jpeg

Hi Martin,
It's from the late 50s or early 60s. It's a good bike and will.be worth about $300 after you put about $300 in parts and labor into it.
Unlike the Raleighs, these have normal English threaded bottom brackets.
I like the Eureka!
Chris

i paid 15.00 for it with some other rusty stuff as well so I guess i"m ok with that!
Thanks for your reply!
martin

Last edited:
Also, I've saw one of those cranks for sale on Ebay. So I would say that's definitely worth saving. It's a neat find, and I'd have paid 15 bucks for it myself.

It is a 3-speed (see the pulley on the top tube), but the brakes, levers, shifter, cables, and such are gone. I would bet the the 3-speed hub still functions, or will after some cleaning. The hub was licensed from Sturmey Archer most likely.

Back