When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know of a good dolly for fender work?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Brutuskend

I live for the CABE
Since I don't have an english wheel I would like to find good dolly that I can use the massage the dents out of fenders. I have been looking for some time but haven't really found anything suitable. Auto body dollies just don't do the trick. Has anyone come across anything that works well?

I use a body/fender hammer kit ($36.99 at Harbor Freight) and a leather shooting rest filled with sand ($30.86 on Amazon)
If you take your time and don't get too aggressive with it, it works pretty well. Rest the fender upside down on the leather bag, and carefully hammer the dents out.
Links to both items posted below. (note, this kit is slightly different from mine, my kit does not include the waffle face hammer, but you get the idea)

https://www.harborfreight.com/body-and-fender-set-7-pc-63259.html
1557845735005.png

https://www.amazon.com/Protektor-Mo...ting+sandbag&qid=1557845306&s=gateway&sr=8-14
1557845392889.png

Last edited:
Ok I apologize for my last post .. Nude vintage calendars in the background pic.A big NO NO .Got deleted. Oh well hand slapped .. here is the edited picture of my favorite tools for getting dents out of fenders , vintage Plumb and Protos, old leather sand bag .. plus the drawerful of other tools...20190514_105804 (4).jpg

DSC06035.JPG

I think I finally found just the thing.
I went to Jerrys and bought a 4 inch 90 degree PVC elbow and a 2 inch 90 degree elbow. Once I clean up the outside of the 2 inch it should be just right for a dolly for the inside of the fenders and once I cut the 4 inch in half, it should work great for the outside. These will give me the compound bends I have been looking for for fender dollies. I'll keep everyone posted on how things turn out. Another up side, both for around $5.00. I would prefer steel, but for now I think these should work out well.

In the past I've used the cap on a galvanized fence post - You can buy the fence post at Home Depot along with the cap - Drop it in a hole - quikcrete in the hole - add water let it set - Perfect 3" fender dolly - Work it out by hand for the bigger stubborn creases & dents - then use a Teflon body hammer and the cap to work it out to perfection ...

Back