When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know what brand TOC bicycle this is?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Not looking Miami built to me. V/r Shawn
Uh oh! Presenting the 1921 Miami Flying Merkel Racer Model. .Center Drive cranks and the proprietary 24t ("sweetheart") centerdrive ring in two colors. Well the ring may not actually be a sweetie(as prev. thought), but who would notice? Prefer the lettered ring. It probably rides the same way in Orange or Blue, with the 24t "Lettered" or "KB" as I believe it has been called. The often seen SH, 1"-pitch rings after Miami were everywhere. The "other rings" Merkel may have used. Will this 26t ring and maybe the "other rings", including the 5-spoke seen in the old ads be the next to surface? Ride your FM and be a winner! @dnc1 your kind of rig.
View attachment 1511181 1642325

“With the exception of the thick fender bridges.”
Ah, well.. maybe? Without the thing in hand for close examination, it's really hard to say. There were SO many manufacturers in those days cranking them out, many using the same fittings as the others, bought through wholesalers. But, it does seem Miami'esc!

Old Brooks saddle, wrong chainring no pedals, cracked race, it’s not worth worrying about two holes. It’s got a set of Schwinn pedals I installed, in good shape, that I had in my junk stash. Maybe I’ll repair the holes, probably not. No one in Michigans UP knows or cares what it is. Old bikes aren’t elitist or expensive enough so they don’t get a glance.

Back