When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know what I have here?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

morton

I live for the CABE
Don’t know how old it is or if it was aftermarket generic or was a specific application for a particular bike?

I cleaned the terminals but couldn’t get it to light up. I think I installed the batteries with the correct orientation. Perhaps bulb is bad or did it put the batteries in wrong.

Any info appreciated as to date, application, or value. Thanks.

al1.JPG
delta front.jpg
delta outside assembed.jpg
delta batteries.jpg
View attachment 773285

Shawn right its of a hawthorn hers one that was at memory lane swap if I had a got a better picture of the light its thee same .

DSCF5426.JPG

One or all of the contact rivets might be too corroded. I don't know a fix, if they are, cept maybe small steel wire brush scrubbing with alcohol then, mashing em tighter, or replacement, but, check wit ohm meter on copper/brass rivet and zinc/cadmium bracket . And or, re-melt your wire connections wit soldering iron. If they're not sticking or contacts are too foul scrub the area/s real good an try get solder with resin/acid that etches the metal as it heats up an melts in.

Last edited:
Seen that light once before.
battery placement depends if 1.5v. or 3v. think your drawing is 3v. 1.5 x 2 =3

Don’t know how old it is or if it was aftermarket generic or was a specific application for a particular bike?

I cleaned the terminals but couldn’t get it to light up. I think I installed the batteries with the correct orientation. Perhaps bulb is bad or did it put the batteries in wrong.

Any info appreciated as to date, application, or value. Thanks.
My 49 Hawthorne has one. I have 2 of them and when I get a chance I'll put some batteries in it to check for you. They sell for about $150 to $200 FYI.

Thanks for all the info. I did try to insert the batteries 4 different ways and no light. I did used a Dremel tool brush on the contacts I could reach and a stainless tooth brush like tool on the rest. I also went over all contacts again with emery cloth and finished with a spray of tuner/contact cleaner.....no dice. I did not check the bulb though and hopefully that is the problem. Never thought about soldering either.

I have a history of nothing stamped Delta working for me. My last three Delta tank horns were all dead on arrival and I followed all the procedures listed on CABE and none of them worked for me. What really freaks me out are the two handle bar mount "cheap" Japan made horns, all crusity/rusty, worked fine after a quick spay of the electric contact cleaner. Go figure.

I had no idea the light was that valuable so thanks for the tip WetDogGraphics and thanks for the link Fregman.

I've had it for sometime stashed away and was going over some things I will be taking to T-Town and just came across it. Not sure about selling yet, but you all have been so helpful, if you are interested in it, PM me and I will contact you before posting if I do.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back