When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

anyone know what this schwinn is ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
thanks for all the info i have the rear fender wheels and handle bars also that came with it and the seat

Schwinn early postwar, just as bobcycles said. I learn something new all the time. I guessed the numbers started with "A" when they went to the forward facing dropouts after the war. I guessed that by estimating how many bikes were built and backing up the letters from the 1948-1952 known numbers. That idea works well if they started with "A" and progressed. But yours , being a "K", didn't fit that sequence. The serial number lookup looks at it as if the serial number is on the dropout, that's why it incorrectly says 1953. My frame is also a "K" but the number is on the dropout, so it's a 53.
I checked the paint schemes from 46 to 52. Your paint matched up with the 1946 illustrations I found, different from the later ones. Now I need to learn more about the frames. I thought they were all identical cantilever frames, except for the later middleweight and also the king size frames of the 60's.

From the 46 catalog: B-507 Autocycle Tourist
View attachment 1162737
Hola I like to see more post like this because the Schwinn Company don't discarded parts from the war time era! Also the automotive and others neither! But the big difference it's Schwinn started to use the new updates for the postwar era and some models came whit both parts paint etc!!! This is one example I had one B6 model ttain/plane badge that came w front springer w lock also drop center rims and reverse paint ivory plus burgundy or some call maroon! But I trade for a prewar CT! I will search the photos at the cloud to post!!!

Sounds like your bike is very simaler to one I just bought

00Y0Y_k6hQ7TaJGA0_600x450.jpg

Back