When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone need a Shelby?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
F37AC9B5-AD2A-4818-BCDF-E53A99213808.jpg

According to the chainguard, it's the early version of the AMF Shelby Golden Eagle. Only made in 1954 as far as I can tell. Should be a Rocket Ray on the front fender according to the ads, but other than that it looks all original. If I was closer, I'd be tempted. I posted a later version here:

Last edited:
Whelp, that chinches it. In OH, Copper is gold.

Actually, this, apparently rare model, 'Golden' caused me to consider other 'gold' bike shades. They're, for the most part, more Coppertone too. I looked quite a bit especially after this model popped up. I would expect; for all of the advertising literature especially, colored yellow it seems, yellow-gold tones in metal flake just doesn't mix very well.

This Huffy in 67 is not indifferent to Schwinn's 'copper-gold' tone too. IDK about this except think it's considered to be a 'copper' color'.

spider24gold-jpg.jpg

It looks very similar to Shelby's 'Golden"

Yet, here's another that appears to be as close as close to gold as it gets. However, it's garnished with gold decals where, side by side, in the image below, it looses it to the slight yellow/orange. Actually closer to the yellow colors Shelby used in advertising print:

img-20120905-00383-jpg.jpg

img-20120905-00382-jpg.jpg

Regardless, Cudos

Oilit

U finally found the Golden Shelby, or that is, an example that proves yours to be the Golden Eagle you thought it to be.

Sesh, what an exhausting hunt it's been too.

Back