When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone out there that can do a quality paint job on a Schwinn canti tank??

-

Brutuskend

I live for the CABE
I just want it painted Black and white with the same pattern as would have come on a 52 Wasp.
If I'm happy with the job I will want one painted for a B-607 down the road.
I do resto work on saddles and would be more than happy to swap out work.
I also build wheels and have been a bike mechanic since the 80's. I graduated UBI advanced mechanic school so I do a top notch job and stand by my work.
(I'm just not all the happy with any of the paint jobs I've ever done)
NO RATTLE CAN WORK please!

This is somewhat confusing. The Wasp name started in 1954 and was a model D-12 with a cantilever frame. The 1952 D-12 was a straight bar frame and neither one had a tank. For clarification, maybe post a picture of the type of tank and its graphics you're dealing with. ;)

This is somewhat confusing. The Wasp name started in 1954 and was a model D-12 with a cantilever frame. The 1952 D-12 was a straight bar frame and neither one had a tank. For clarification, maybe post a picture of the type of tank and its graphics you're dealing with. ;)
It's been several years since I've done much with this bike so I probably have the date wrong. It's a heavy duty with high flange hubs, heavy duty double butted spokes, a older style springer with the pivot bolt in the rear. Could be a '54 maybe? Though it never CAME with a tank, it's just the nicest original paint Schwinn I own so I want to put a tank on it to "Finish it off" so to speak. Oh and it does have a cantilever frame. And came with a Phantom style saddle on it. Special order maybe?

Back