When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone planning on going to Lake Pepin?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinny

I live for the CABE
I wont say that I was happy to move back to middle America (Iowa) because it got me closer to the Lake Pepin Tour, but it is a nice happenstance.

I put this here in the general discussions area, because it takes a little gumption and git-up-and-go for people my age to start a plan of action. Im going to try and make it for sure. Can't say positive cuz that may jinx it, but it is in middle May, so a whole 6 weeks away. Enough time for the serious.

I've looked at the invitations and discussions long enough. My old Continental will soon be a three-speed again and Im buffing up the age spots for cred.
If you don't have a three-speed.... shame on you :)
But there are probably 4 on your local CL. Go get one and make sure it rolls. Im sure there will be the show-stopper bikes there but ANY and all vintage 3 speed hub bikes are encouraged.
Mines no looker but comfortable enough that it just may make-it the whole way
(Still on the fence about me)

Get up and go !! It would be interesting to see just how ugly we all are. :)

Last edited:
I’m this ugly. The boy and I wouldn’t miss it, haven’t missed it for a decade, this year. Momma does SAG in the truck, I press at least 1 cotter every year. I can’t believe the unmaintained junk I see on the Tour, every year. I have been easing away from the roadside salvation aspect for a few years.
That said, there are some nice bikes. Chris will be on his Roadster this year, I will ride either a Sprite, or a Roadster that I converted to 5 speed.

Have a safe trip.

Ted

83820E59-8B7E-453B-B45B-388419C2B430.jpeg

D61208F0-6CCD-499E-9377-D53703443446.jpeg

If anyone wants to double up to share expense,
I'm in Des Moines, have a truck and a platform bike rack.
I'd just ask 1/2 gas and no soft cheeses or fish.
:)
I've also got a free stay due on hotels..com if someone wants to double up there also. No money needed for that.

If you're anywhere close, we can work it out.
PM me if interested

Back