When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone Recognize ID these Shimano 333 caps? what bikes would they be OE to ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Lamont

Finally riding a big boys bike
Shimano 333 Black and with chrome tip caps of some kind....

Stumped on what these are .... What they are called and what the belong to ...

They looked to me like valve stem caps , but the thread is much wider.... way to big for a Schrader valve stem

Could they be hub axle caps?

What bikes would these be OE ?

(Part of a NOS random parts bin that has several items that I do not recognize ..... #Bob McCallister / Wonderama / What the Heck is it ? )

That is a derailleur part. Early Shimano 333 derailleurs had that little nut thing mounted on the pivot bolt on the derailleur, Sort of like a derailleur guard. Let me see if I can find a picture of it mounted to one.

Wow !

never would have occurred to me in million years ......

I searched alot on line under 333 and didnt c0me up with anything

Thanks!

Now that I look at the red derailleur again, it doesn't saw Archer on the name plate, it is Archery. I see the 333 in front of it now, so that must be another variation of the 333 derailleur.

they would look sweet on bolt rears as axle caps as well ..... could even do both sides for symmetry look.

real tribute to shimano for the innovation / evolution ..... recognizing the need for break away rear mech protection prior to derailleur hanger frames ........ ( ive got an early shimano disc brake system here from c 79 that also astounds one for the before its time-ness) and also a flash in the pan.

Id like to buy / get thread checking tool / or a rack like the hardware store.... now to see if the thread on these is 3/8 26 tpi or M 10 ..... or something else ..... they seem to tread on period 27 in axle correctly , but have to verify

Back