When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone up for solving my Miss Teen mystery?

-
Welcome to the Cabe @dvicbuhl . The serial number list here on the Cabe is a copy of the original list that everyone copies.
https://www.angelfire.com/rant/allday101/SchwinnCodes1.html

This original list has many flaws including Schwinn's recording errors like not recording the time your wife's serial number was stamped. It also has type errors when the list was typed so that it could be uploaded to the internet. Like you said, her number must have been stamped on that Friday the 31st, but it was never recorded or that day's stamping list was misplaced. This wasn't the first time that has happened. The crank will be dated in the center with the year and the fork also has a date stamped on it. It will be on the inside of the left fork leg just above the axle slot. Two or three numbers, 1+6 = month+year so it would be January 1966. During the time that Miss Teen was produced the serial number, crank and fork were the only places with a stamping. The actual time the frame was built, or the bike was built is unknown.

What just struck me was another mishap that happened the first of January 1966. When you look at that list on Anglefire take a look at it. Those numbers were not recorded in error like is says, they were stamped in error missing a letter.

View attachment 1782850

Thank you for all the info. So it seems I could say the following things with some certainty: 1- the frame was likely stamped on 12-31-1965. 2- the list of 12-31-65 stampings was likely lost or misplaced, so not shown on the list. 3- Miss Teen model was made only in 1966, so we do not know the specific date of final assembly using this frame. 4- There is not number on the crank, just the rear left leg fork on my bike, matching the location of the stamp per the list for a 1965-1966 bike.
Miss tean serial.jpg

The OP says they’re the originals owner of a model only made in 66 , the chart seems to say the same for that serial number

Back