When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone using this tire for your TOC bike

-

David Brown

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Anyone using this tire for there TOC 1890,s bikes Specialzed Fatboy 29x1.7 or 622- 45 Black . Tire has no tread and to me looks like some thing that would have been used at that time . They fit original wood rims that are a Dunlop style rim or Stutzman new wood rims with or without the metal liner which I have used a lot. Does have some writing on it which can be blacked out with a marked pen no problem. Also price is right.
P4094262.jpg
P4094261.jpg
P4094260.jpg

Hi David, I was not aware of these tires.....................they look very good. How is the fit? Pete in Fitchburg

Tires go on Stutzman wood rims just fine. I also have them on original Dunlop style wood rims that are the same as the Stutzsman rims as far as size. This style rim and tire was used more in Canada than the US. which used the more common single tube tire. The single tube tire are a pain and expenisive in my book.

I bought a couple pair 2 years ago and then could not get them again . Looked up there web site ( Specialized) this year and they had them again. Only black.

I really like those and I would have been upset to see these now after the ordeal getting Linus tires on my CB Italias, but they're too wide for my Iver, anyway (don't tell me if they come in narrower—I don't want to know!). Love the two tone wood rims, BTW!

Back