When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone with a photo of Stem Cushioner for Miss America

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

popawheelie

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello there all, I bought a Stem Cushioner for a Miss America bike, but the tightening bolt and nut are not original. Would anyone with a real nice close up photo of the stem, perhaps a closeup of the bolt and nut that tighten around the handlebars, please post some photos here, or email them to mydotironwork at verizon dot net please. The shape of the original tightening bolt head is not sharp, I think. Todays' Carriage bolts have more of a sharp edge……..as does mine.
I'd appreciate that very much,

Mike Siddons

Picture

Mike,
Send me your email address and I'll shoot a couple of pics with my phone and email them to you. [email protected]

Just reread your post and noticed the email address imbedded in the post. Will try to get to it tomorrow.
Joel

Stem Pictures

Mike, Sent 3 pictures. Let me know if you got them.
Joel

Great photos received

Mike, Sent 3 pictures. Let me know if you got them.
Joel

Hi Joel, I received the emails, and as I suspected, the correct shape of the head of the Original MA bolt has a soft edge. I've seen other photos of MA Stems with the same distinct shape of tightening bolt, so my guess is that yours is original to that stem.
My bolt head has the name of the manuf. raised up from it, so I'll grind that off and forge and sand the head into the correct shape. You have been a big help and I thank you. I realized not many of these stems are in circulation.
Michael Siddons

Back