When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Apples and oranges...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Oh... and if anyone wants to overspend and buy this bike, I can pick it up and ship it to you:)

I find it so entertaining when people flip handle bars upside down because they think it looks cool or something. At least we know they don't ride the bike for any extended periods of time.

There should be a contest, how long can you ride that bike before you lower back hurts and you just can't go any further?

Last edited:
Since this is not a sales listing on the cabe,
can we take some time to further comment and get some educational value out of that CL posting? (Other than it isn't worth near the listing price)
I'm fairly new to the vintage bike world and learn something new just about each time I Cabe.

Better, detailed images are always helpful, but based on what was supplied, can anyone offer opinions on:
What would a reasonable price range be for such a bike: $300 - $500, $600 - $900?
Does it seem that the year 1933 is accurate?
Original Paint?
Original Seat, bars, tires, pedals?
Stand is worth $100 alone?

Thanks much as always,
Jamie

The text below is from that original CL post;
1933 Elgin excellent condition - $1500
All working fat tire / balloon tire pee-wee Herman type of bike horn sounds the same . very rare 1500$ firm in this condition they only sell from 1500 to over 10k

1545407151636.png

1545407031327.png

Since this is not a sales listing on the cabe,
can we take some time to further comment and get some educational value out of that CL posting? (Other than it isn't worth near the listing price)
I'm fairly new to the vintage bike world and learn something new just about each time I Cabe.

Better, detailed images are always helpful, but based on what was supplied, can anyone offer opinions on:
What would a reasonable price range be for such a bike: $300 - $500, $600 - $900?
Does it seem that the year 1933 is accurate?
Original Paint?
Original Seat, bars, tires, pedals?
Stand is worth $100 alone?

Thanks much as always,
Jamie

The text below is from that original CL post;
1933 Elgin excellent condition - $1500
All working fat tire / balloon tire pee-wee Herman type of bike horn sounds the same . very rare 1500$ firm in this condition they only sell from 1500 to over 10k

View attachment 922706
View attachment 922705

Original paint, not original seat (it's a girl seat), not original pedals (look like 1970's era pedals) I doubt it's 1933, looks more like 1938ish. Value? in parts, more than whole since it has some accessories with it. I wouldn't give more than $200 for it, but it's probably worth closer to the $300 mark. I honestly don't know if they chain ring and guard are original, I don't recall seeing those on Elgin's before.

Back