When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Applying decals to new paint

-
This is a new thread, in addition to the old thread, that was expanded upon, about the same time.
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/tips-on-applying-waterslide-decals.123386/#post-1049819
I recall that some decal instructions suggest that paint be allowed to fully cure, and referred to weeks rather than hours or days.
Why is that? We know how newly painted items smell like paint, that may be because they are still giving off fumes of a continuing chemical reaction, perhaps underneath the top film (amine layer?) of the paint; this out-gassing might cause bubbles to form?
Maybe that other guy was clear-coating just to eliminate a uneven finish, so that the decal would lay flat.

No, it wasn't a matter of him spraying clear to eliminate an uneven finish nor paint having time to cure. He allows the paint to cure. When he applies decals, he just happens to always spray a very light touch of clear and gives it a day before applying tge decal. I just wondered if that is something anyone else has done.

did you not read post #4... you "liked" it

Dude, if you see I liked it, than I read it. I just simply asked if anyone else does do that bc the guy I'm referring to does it all the time with succes. And yes, I did pose the question on two threads...I see that bothers you so don't read or respond.

I use these, they work excellent! And as stated above , don’t over soak your decals
I thought the pic was added, here’s what I use and works great! G.
0C55F6B3-C722-49E8-9F73-E1D82528891E.jpeg

Back