When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

April 4th 1961 26" Schwinn Skipper double straight bar value?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes, the chrome fenders were factory on them. They look odd with those fat tires! I thought they were ballooners until I saw the size. I have a black '61 myself, as well as a red '61 Tornado with the same frame. Around mid '61 they changed to the continuous frame bars, which became exclusive on the new for '62 Typhoon.

Skipper is one of my favorite models..ive bought them from 300-1000 depending on accessories and condition..really like the red..i would trade you for something if you were closer..love that bike..

20190202_161343.jpg

I'm with GT. But kickstand much later. Those fenders do not look right to me either. Could be the tread of the tires filling them up. But front very close to downtube. These are interesting bikes. Here is a pic of my late 61 that has been in the redo line for way to long. Notice the different Typhoon like continuous straight bars. Skipper was the nickname of Schwinn's son.

View attachment 1503440
Probably already mentioned but the fenders look funny because the tires aren’t standard m/w, they are the 2” ballooner style

Back