When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

April bike swap in Denton, NC

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

DonChristie

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
In Memoriam
Since the Hurricane coaster yearly swap was cancelled due to Covid, this is a great opportunity to participate in another big swap. The Carolina Pickers are having their swap at Denton park on April 9 & 10 and have invited us to be there! This year they are adding automobiles and vintage bikes. Its a swapmeet and show. All our bike buddies are invited! Its a 2 day event but the plan is to go out there on Saturday. Vendor spots are $75 for a 20’x30’ spot. You can go in together with somebody if you choose. Be there!

EF687666-BF63-4A7A-94BE-C7CA3AEC2D2D.jpeg

Who is going to this meet?
I've got my calendar marked! One thing to note as mentioned above, this is predominately an antique sale. Although you may find some antique bikes there, it is mostly general antiques, just like what you might see at the Thresher's Reunion held there. Old bikes are a little on the sparse side in this area, but I have bought and otherwise seen antique bicycles there in Denton. Definitely worth checking out! Here is a bike I picked up there in Denton a few years ago, and I was just riding it the other day even! Below the 39 Colson photos, is a highwheeler I saw there photographed in 2009 or so, at the Thresher's reunion. Some of yall might even recognize these very machines.

1617052697659.png

1617052717690.png

1617052746554.png

1617052771252.png

Last edited:
I have a good load of antiques and some car show stuff as well as bikes. Was planning on doing Charlotte but it is cancelled. How big is this event? Will I need to reserve a spot?

I have a good load of antiques and some car show stuff as well as bikes. Was planning on doing Charlotte but it is cancelled. How big is this event? Will I need to reserve a spot?
I'm not sure, I'm just going as a visitor, not vendor, but above it mentions $75 per space, so I would reckon reservation is required. If its anything like the Thresher's Reunion, then there could be some size to it. This will be my first time going, but I've heard about it for a few years now, since they started doing it.

This show is 5 years in as an antique show with a big following. I have gone almost all of them. This year since Autofair and our Hurricane coaster swap were cancelled, they extended an invitation to us. We are planning on going Saturday only with bikes. However, I know a few selling on Friday, so whatever works for you (Fri or Sat). They are selling half size spots (15x10) for half price (37.50) to the bike guys. Setup is from 6-8am. That is when they will come by and collect the sellers fee. On Saturday, we are meeting in the center, near an outbuilding by this huge mechanical thing, ref pic. We should be right behind the row of cars. Bring chairs, tables and ez ups. Food and drinks are available. Hoping for a good bike turnout!
thanks, Don

F91C649C-71F6-49D1-B9A2-F5D87F311891.jpeg

C93FFCA2-FB69-45E8-8C1D-7B7665AC60FA.jpeg

I sure am excited (and also, the tall machine is the cotton bale press, used for compressing cotton into shippable bales). I might even bring a bike and join the show!

A Bale press! Cool, I had no idea! Looking forward to meeting you. You can also ride a bike through the swap! Bring a rider!

$75 is on the cheap side for a big antique show. I am ok with that if the crowds are there. Given that Charlotte is cancelled too, I would expect a good turnout. All of the swaps have been good because people have not had any outlets for so long... I assume camping is allowed on site? Maybe I better call the people in charge..

Back