When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are early Stingrays pulling in these kind of prices?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oskisan

I live for the CABE
I'm not sure if I stepped away from stingrays too long, but has the price gone up this much on them? Is a mint 63 lime stingray worth $6k (or anywhere near that)?

upload_2018-1-10_16-52-0.png

Sure looks like a repaint to me with the later somewhat darker 1975 Lime paint and clear coat, not an early Flamboyant Lime shade. Fishing for fools?

I saw one last summer at a flea market that I thought was in amazing condition with a stick shift. I think it was original except for maybe the tires. When I asked how much it was, the seller was asking $600, and I thought that was too much. (I really don't know enough to appraise them).

I currently have a red one in worn condition that a friends father gave me to restore for his grandchild, I was originally just going to make it ride able again for him, and not pay attention to keeping it original, but when I told him I think it might be worth a little bit of money, he told me to take my time and try to sell it for him instead. I'm still missing a rear fender, a right side break lever, and the seat has a few tears. Since he is not in a rush, I haven't done much with it yet, and I'm hoping to do a little research and maybe find the original needed parts somewhere next summer.

Last edited:
I saw this too and assumed just another seller dreaming of what's never going to happen. I don't even know if krates are selling for that much?

I was told this stingray sold for 5000.00 a few years ago glad I saved the 63-65s and sold the krates years ago

I know the seller- this Bike is completely OG and yes that’s what these early mint ones especially lime can bring. The seller is one of the highest rated people in the Stingray hobby. He buys and sells tons of parts and makes a killing at swaps because everyone goes to his trailer that’s how much stuff he has. Awesome guy.

For comparison on how high prices are- a NIB grey ghost just went for 23k yes that’s right 23k I know the guy who sold it so I know the price is what it went for

Back