When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are fenders from late fifties middleweights the same as mid 60s.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

4scuda

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In Memoriam
i have a 66 girls bike with beautiful fenders. Are they same as would be a late fifties Corvette?

i have a 66 girls bike with beautiful fenders. Are they same as would be a late fifties Corvette?
The Corvette fenders are stainless steel not chrome. The 50s fenders are not the same as the 60s fenders.

Thanks I was afraid that might be the case. My father in law was a collector but he scoffed and anything not balloon tire and also loved to take things apart. He had very nice original corvette, but he took it all apart and for some reason threw away the fenders. The girls bike I just got is a one year miss teen so it probably shouldn’t be parted out anyway.

Some time ago, someone post a page from a Schwinn Parts catalog showin descriptions along with dimensions of Schwinn fenders and braces. A search might turn it up for you.

Thanks I was afraid that might be the case. My father in law was a collector but he scoffed and anything not balloon tire and also loved to take things apart. He had very nice original corvette, but he took it all apart and for some reason threw away the fenders. The girls bike I just got is a one year miss teen so it probably shouldn’t be parted out anyway.
The middleweight cantilever frame had a frame change that was implemented with the 59 models. A 1958 rear fender will not fit on a 59 model. There were also other changes on the later Corvette fenders.

Back