When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are not Recumbent Bicycles Becoming Classic Custom Bicycles?

• Thread starter grey3speedfrmeuro
  • Start date
#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
G

grey3speedfrmeuro

Are not Recumbent Bicycles Becoming Classic Custom Bicycles?

A local shop incoraged me to go to the Sun bicycle web page to look at thier Recumbent bikes. I was supprised to see the Recumbent linage goes back to the early 1970's wouldnt this soon make them something of a collectable in thier own right? They are comfortable for people like me who have back, knee and hip issues. As a bicycleist you arent exerting as much downward thrust to climb a hill that can be pure pain for somone like me on a traditional bike. Seems to me if I stay active I keep my hart helthy and arthritis to a minimum.

Thanks...

As a general thing (at least for me), cars, bikes, etc. that are at least 25 years old or older are technically considered Classics.

Recumbents go back a lot further than the 1970's- like anything bicycle, there were recumbents in the 19th century. Their performance was so much better than a diamond frame they were banned from races in the early 1930's, and have been a bit of an oddity ever since.

I never knew that, this is becoming quite an education. Can you recommend books on bike history by frame type?

Back