When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are these Colson Disks Good or Bad?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jchicago

Finally riding a big boys bike
I've completely disassembled my Colson Snap Tank.

I'm wondering if these brake disks are still good, or should they be replaced?

Picture 1 is side one. Picture 2 is side two.

(Too hard to tell?)

Colson Discs.jpg

Colson Discs 2.jpg

Those aren't bad at all. I resurface them by hand with whatever roll of sandpaper is hanging in the parts Dept. Usually 80-120 grit. Then finish them off with a Scotchbrite pad. Wash them off with brake clean and dry them with shop air. Fill a spray paint can cap with 30wt oil and let them soak.

They look good to me, but you may want to resurface them as mentioned above. If the edge of any tab catches on your fingertip, file it down smooth and you should be good to go after sloshing 'em down in some 30wt motor oil or something similar.

Those aren't bad at all. I resurface them by hand with whatever roll of sandpaper is hanging in the parts Dept. Usually 80-120 grit. Then finish them off with a Scotchbrite pad. Wash them off with brake clean and dry them with shop air. Fill a spray paint can cap with 30wt oil and let them soak.
I'm on it.

Disk Supplies.JPG

Back