When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are these Colson Disks Good or Bad?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
After you're done the stack should measure 0.750". This is the thickness when new.
The shorter the stack, the more kickback required to engage the brakes. Also, due to wear of the clutch sleeve and inner surface of the hub, you make have too much kickback for your liking. More discs can be put in to shorten the play.

There isn't much about these hubs I like, but that is one nice little trick I learned about them long ago. When a Morrow has too much kickback, unfortunately you gotta replace a bunch of parts to fix it. Nice tip, way to share. :cool:

After you're done the stack should measure 0.750". This is the thickness when new.
The shorter the stack, the more kickback required to engage the brakes. Also, due to wear of the clutch sleeve and inner surface of the hub, you make have too much kickback for your liking. More discs can be put in to shorten the play.
One day Scott(rustjunkie) and I were rebuilding the rear hub on my HTB Monark when he suggested adding a disc to lessen the kickback issue I mentioned. Worked like a charm.

Thanks for the information. How's this?

Discs 3-4 inches.JPG

Back