When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are they really worth that much?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I guess if this is a reasonably priced vintage Schwinn Hornet, then this is why I collect the 60's era.
Nice looking bike but, $950 worth?
Do people really scrap bikes in this condition just for the skip tooth chain?
Still learning as you can see, one day I will know it all. Like get top dollar for a skip tooth chain....just saying.:confused:

http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/atq/2781220694.html

Very nice original bike, ~8 condition, in a lovely, uncommon color combo but I don't see 950$ there. I'd say between 500-600$ would be more realistic but I'm not too keen on old Schwinn stuff like some are. I'll also endeavor to say that this is earlier than '58. 1951 or '52 is more likely.

And no; nobody would scrap a bike for its chain.. Diamond skiptooth chains = 35$ ;)

Very nice original bike, ~8 condition, in a lovely, uncommon color combo but I don't see 950$ there. I'd say between 500-600$ would be more realistic but I'm not too keen on old Schwinn stuff like some are. I'll also endeavor to say that this is earlier than '58. 1951 or '52 is more likely.

And no; nobody would scrap a bike for its chain.. Diamond skiptooth chains = 35$ ;)

Exactly. I sold a '52 Hornet (badged as a BF Goodrich so slightly different) for $450 a couple months ago. And the part about the chain? Gimme a break. It's comments like that that make it so easy to separate a bike guy, from someone trying (hoping) to make a quick buck.

If you have DIAMOND skiptooth chains for $35.00...I'll take 3.

That place is a drop off place that sells stuff for you. They hype everything they try to sell. Wait a month and offer them 250 you will get it for 3-350.

Based on the description and pictures, that's a condition 7 to me.

I LOVE Schwinns and wouldn't pay more than $350 for it.

Scrap the bike for the skip tooth chain, not where I come from. That is a fine looking bike but in the $900's is a little far out there.

That bike is 45 minutes from me and I saw it when it posted.
Nice bike, but unfortunately great expectations.
I didn't even bother at this stage in the game.
Chris

Chris I figured you saw it.
We need to hook up sometime so I can drool over your collection. You need a few 60's Murray tanklights....lol

Back