When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you moving on and ready to sell your "starter?"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Minnie

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi,
This is my first time posting here. I've been studying/watching/dreaming for over a year now since I met some Wheelmen and became interested. My 13 yr old daughter is interested as well. We're looking for a good solid bike (or two) that we can use as we start on this new adventure. It must meet Wheelmen criteria. We don't mind doing some work and we have experts who can help us. We'll be wearing skirts so skirt guards would be great and ladies bikes are preferred. Email me if you have one to sell or if you have any leads. Kicking myself for one I saw not long after I started looking, but I didn't know enough then to feel safe about the purchase. Live and learn!

Thanks so much!

I don't know what the Wheelmen criteria is but I have this prewar Cadillac girls bike i'd sell. It rides awesome and stops on a dime. I havn't checked to see if the horn and light will work but the horn had no batteries in it and is very clean with no rust like they typically get so it probably will? I put repop brick tread tires on it so it would be a perfect rider for anyone with no maintanance needed. All the chrome will clean up nice since it was coated relly heavy woth grease. Pictures aren't the best but I can take more. Asking $325 plus shipping
Photo007smaller-1.jpg
Photo020smaller-1.jpg
Photo018smaller-1.jpg

It's lovely, but the Wheelmen requirements are pre-1919. Thanks so much for replying, though!

This is from their website.

The club caters to the needs of all aspects of cycle history, collectors, non-riders, and riders of high wheels, tricycles, tandems and safety bicycles. Men, women and children of all ages are welcome to participate in events throughout the year. Wheelmen membership is open to everyone worldwide whether you own an antique bicycle or just enjoy the early days of our history when cycling was being born

http://www.thewheelmen.org/sections/aboutus/aboutus.asp

I already have the word out through the Wheelmen that I know. I also check their site daily for any leads. Just thought posting here might tap a larger group of people.

Here is the first paragraph:
The Wheelmen is a national, non-profit organization dedicated to keeping alive the heritage of American cycling, promoting the restoration and riding of early cycles (1918 or earlier), and encouraging cycling as part of modern living. Members are intent on learning lost skills, retelling lost stories, researching and writing of the golden era of cycling.

I'd say, just keep checking Ebay, either under Collectables>Transportation>Bicycles or Sporting Goods>Cycling>Vintage>Vintage Bikes and Frames.

For instance, check out item # 290539142885. It's a child-sized (20" wheel) hard-tired safety, probably too small for your daughter but a sign of what's out there. You can often find pre-1919 bikes in pretty good shape for under $1000.

David King

Or, if you've got the bucks, there's item # 140521042906

David

Back