When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Arlington Hts, IL 14th Annual Classic Bike Show and Swap Aug. 12th 2018

-
Glad to see Vincev is coming up. It's a bit of a drive for him, I am going to squeeze all the balloners I can in the truck. No parts , just bikes. Going to try and fit ten or so in the truck.I will be there at 5 am. Will try to bring these:
IMG_2630.JPG

Early 30's Elgin...Hawthorne Rat...Roadmaster with 1955 decals on tank of Cubs players Bob Rush and Hank Sauer. Shelby not for sale Will be my rider...
IMG_2632.JPG

Columbia...Murray....Evans -Colson
IMG_2631.JPG

blue Hawthorne repainted, except for fenders. Neat 50's decals on fenders The Monark NFS.

IMG_2633.JPG
I'll squeeze the 35 Ranger in there too
IMG_2634.JPG

Below is a better photo of the Ranger. Of course everyone knows what I look like. I'll be riding the black. Shelby. I won't be angry, like last year, I will try and be nice to everybody. I have been in therapy at the VA for anger control.
67367.jpg
003.JPG

I hope I can get all these bikes in my pick-up. I do not want to scratch them up. The color -flo and Roll Fast below have been sold.
Here is a photo of my wife, if you can't find me, just ask her.
She is Very self conscious about her nose, please don't stare at it..
th.jpg

th.jpg

We'll be bringing the chrome Imperial for sale. Out of all the bikes we've ever had, we get more inquiries about selling this one than any other. This may be somebody's lucky day :) Message if interested in a presale.
See ya Sunday!

Darcie & Nick
monark chrome 1.jpg

The weather is going to be nice for Sunday. This is the last show and swap for the summer, probably the last one Joe will put on. I want to thank him and his crew for giving us this nice event all these years. Without the dedication of the people that put on these shows and swaps, our hobby wouldn't be what it is today.
There are surprisingly many folks that don't go to swaps, relying on Ebay to find their parts. There are lots of deals at swaps and generally bikes and parts are more reasonably priced.
A good example of this happened at the Blue Moon swap 2 months back.
There was a thread that I commented on earlier this week where a fellow said the leather saddle on his re-pop bike sometimes sold for $200, and usually went for a hundred bucks. That gave me a good laugh. These are inflated internet Ebay prices.
I sold that exact leather saddle [in perfect cond.] off the Columbia re-pop for 45 bucks at that swap, and Iwas happy to get it. My asking price was 50. It was worth 50, maybe 60 on a good day. but no more.
I'm not saying your going to find your Elgin Bluebird there for bargain prices, but swaps give you, the buyer, a chance to actually hold the part you want to buy and closely examine it. Lots of the sellers are collectors too, that don't like the hassles of selling over the internet and are more willing to deal, avoiding all the many problems of craigslist and Ebay. And remember this : Bring a pocket full of CASH with you.
When you buy a bike at a swap and then whip out your check book or debit card, all your going to get is a good laugh.
This show and swap will be a good one, don't miss it!

If someone shows up with a Blackhawk tank please keep me in mind. Call 813-719-0513 cell or 919-586-6169 home. Thanks, Ray

Back