When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Arnold Schwinn Co The World Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mazdaflyer

Wore out three sets of tires already!
This old Schwinn showed up on Facebook Marketplace on Sunday. I contacted the seller and arranged to look at it. Made a short road trip and decided to pop on it, hauled it home. It has some issues but as a prewar barn find with the headbadge I couldn’t resist.
7046a127e486b48b746248bdafe6a18e.jpg

4b46d8841eb192b4ed0d2f0d0e391ce2.jpg

9daf764463bede68f2068b1d5da1e444.jpg

The front fork and frame appears to accommodate a 28” or 26” wheel. The rear fender appears to be for a 28” wheel. The front fender is not period and installed backwards. The basket is attached with bailing wire. I’m assuming the stem and bars are wrong as is the light and generator. It has a boys and a girls pedal. Wheelset appears to be in family good shape, things seem tight, drive train works. Some original paint appears to be intact. I have a set of cross braced bars and an AS stem.

Any ideas on the origin date of the bike? Did Schwinn produce bikes during the ‘32-‘34 or so transition period with an option for 26” or 28” tires?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did someone put 1.75 tires on it instead of 2.25 tires. They look too small for the rims.
I haven’t actually read the sidewalls for size but you are probably right. I did read Goodyear on them. They are roached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know what the difference between a B9 and B10 is? Thanks for your comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B10 was equipped with tank, carrier, light and battery can. B9 was the unequipped version.

Yours looks like a ‘35 model to me based on the 5 digits of numbers on the serial and the more modern rear “dropout” style. I believe the earlier bikes had the pinched/seamed style method of attachment, yours are what one typically sees on 35+ production.

Back