When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Arnold schwinn excelsior truss bar dating

-

Oldnut

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Finally got this up on a stand and started cleaning.what I've come up with is red frame,short white darts,nickel plated fork.this is a odd bike with the lower tube smaller in diameter,and the built in dropstand stops chi town has helped a lot on this bike.anyone have any factory color pictures thanks for any help.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Teen's Schwinn Excelsior

thanks for any help.

Ron ... how about a good shot of that badge ... sure .. it looks like the Excelsior badge of Michigan City, Indiana ...
but some of us know it's a teen's Schwinn-built .......

Thank you Ron ..............

........... patric

================================================================
================================================================

Wha' ... how could dis be a Schwinn ...... ??

After fussin' with exotic badges since 1982 ... know how many of these i've seen ??

JUST THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!

Aaarrgh ...... thatsa one crazy badge ... what a historical link this provides ...

Twerkin' .. baby .. twerkin' ........... !!!

===============================================================

Last edited:
Finally got this up on a stand and started cleaning.what I've come up with is red frame,short white darts,nickel plated fork.this is a odd bike with the lower tube smaller in diameter,and the built in dropstand stops chi town has helped a lot on this bike.anyone have any factory color pictures thanks for any help.View attachment 147487View attachment 147488View attachment 147489View attachment 147490View attachment 147491

Well got more done today.some body in the past painted everything with flat black paint.the old wd40 and 0000 steel wool worked charms.the forks nickel is decent and found the fenders were red with a gold center with white pinstripes wow wild combo.put a blunt and a Amsterdam tire on it I don't want to paint it options?
image.jpg
image.jpg

Very nice bike! I have seen this badge on a post war bike before but I am fairly sure it is not original to the bike.
excellsior5.JPG

After fussin' with exotic badges since 1982 ... know how many of these i've seen ??

JUST THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!

Aaarrgh ...... thatsa one crazy badge ... what a historical link this provides ...

Twerkin' .. baby .. twerkin' ........... !!!

I've seen three of these badges in a week. Chitown posted a picture of one in the Excelsior thread. I've got one in my display case, and now this one.
Before that, I had always wondered why my big E badge said Arnold Schwinn & Co. Chicago on it, when it was clearly a Michigan City Indiana headbadge.

Back