When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Arnold Schwinn Packard Serial Number Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BrianInPA

Finally riding a big boys bike
Picked this up today, lots of mismatched parts but should be a fun project. Can anyone tell me the year from the serial number? Thank you!

IMG_20220724_161245615_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220724_162450011_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220724_162508089.jpg

IMG_20220724_162515302_HDR.jpg

Oh boy, a C stamped serial on the BB shell. The C series numbers seemed to have been used in a few early post war years from what I've seen, including 1945. Lots of changed parts so it might be anyone's guess, but not a 1945.

Yes very early postwar, right at the spot where serial numbers seem to be the least known. Fork, fenders, crank and chainwheel are not Schwinn. I couldn't see enough of the hubs and rims to tell about those. With mainly the frame to go from, and being in that early postwar era, it is going to be hard to nail down. Hey @GTs58 are there any clues from the kickstand angle or the electroforging at the bottom bracket?

Yes very early postwar, right at the spot where serial numbers seem to be the least known. Fork, fenders, crank and chainwheel are not Schwinn. I couldn't see enough of the hubs and rims to tell about those. With mainly the frame to go from, and being in that early postwar era, it is going to be hard to nail down. Hey @GTs58 are there any clues from the kickstand angle or the electroforging at the bottom bracket?

This one has the U channel fender bridge, later stand tube angle, and like you said, the BB components have been changed out. Most all of the other details that are said to be 1946 were also on the 47 models. Tubular S-2's on this one?

This one has the U channel fender bridge, later stand tube angle, and like you said, the BB components have been changed out. Most all of the other details that are said to be 1946 were also on the 47 models. Tubular S-2's on this one?
I took a shot of the front wheel and hub. Hub has Schwinn in scrip

IMG_20220724_193305422.jpg

IMG_20220724_193411234_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220724_193245648.jpg

IMG_20220724_193253304.jpg

I posted a pic of the front rim, back is definitely wrong. Are you thinking 46-47?

Isn't that front rim a painted Lobdell? It's hard to tell because I guess they made some S2 without knurling early on. It looks a bit rounded for an S2.

I really can't tell from the pictures. Some shots look like S-2's and the close up does not. The OP has to verify what they are. And a three speed hub on either one?? The rear could be an S-7 from what I can tell in those pictures. The wheels are wrong for an early DX anyway.

Back