When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Arrow flight made by Shelby

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
No extra badge holes it does look factory, but I was doing some research on the Shelby company itself and realized there are two companies and the earlier Shelby company which made ideal bikes used steel from England.
I was never aware that Shelby Ideal used steel from England. I thought it was all local from Shelby Seemless Tube?

Tim Newmeyer

I was never aware that Shelby Ideal used steel from England. I thought it was all local from Shelby Seemless Tube?

Tim Newmeyer
Tim Newmeyer is correct. Ideals were built with steel from the Shelby Seamless Tube. That's the reason Gormully and Jeffrey built the mill in Shelby - to be closer to the source of steel. That factory closed in 1901.

The Shelby Cycle Frame Builders, established by Gus Meiselbach, began making frames and forks in 1921. The parts were shipped to Chicago Cycle Supply Co. and possibly others for assembly. The company wasn't called Shelby Cycle Company until 1925.

You can read about the various companies here - https://shelbycyclehistory.org

I know its confusing. I'm working on a book!

I’ll try to find where that was and I’ll post it

18D35479-A5B7-4365-8F8D-AD0AF4D39816.png

If they brought technology why not bring material too at least until the steel mill is built
I would imagine there are a few reasons but most likely cost, not meeting specifications of what they were building, and not matching timeline of venture. I would surmise badge and headset are Shelby but the frame is of English manufacture. V/r Shawn

Back