When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ashtabula cranks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Most every Ashtabula crank Ive ever seen is a 6.5" arm (165mm) or shorter. Im sure they made longer arms but I dont run into them. I like one piece better than 3 piece BB's and I like the long arms on my road bikes. Ive only ever seen Asian one piece 7" (175mm) cranks, with the Japanese GT bayonet being my choice. Still harder to find cheap tho. I just bought one off the Bay last month and paid $50 plus shipping for an old rusty one.

They exist, and are often longer than 6.5". The ones with "Ashtabula" forged in the arm are typically really long, probably 7" or 7-1/2". Back in the day most of them did NOT have the name forged in. There is also a 7" CR-MO Ashtabula that is chrome plated(!) and not marked at all except inside the BB. All of these typically had 28TPI Schwinn threads, but they did list 24TPI versions, so there are probably some 24TPI out there too.

They exist, and are often longer than 6.5". The ones with "Ashtabula" forged in the arm are typically really long, probably 7" or 7-1/2". Back in the day most of them did NOT have the name forged in. There is also a 7" CR-MO Ashtabula that is chrome plated(!) and not marked at all except inside the BB. All of these typically had 28TPI Schwinn threads, but they did list 24TPI versions, so there are probably some 24TPI out there too.
Ashtabula is the goods, but I wouldn't want an arm that had the name cast in. I know you guys are talking BMX.
By the way, food for thought, An ashtabula Stem with the name cast in, went for over two hundred a few weeks ago on Ebay. It might have been more.... I saw the link here on the cabe

Back