When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Assistance in solving a mystery.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

palepainter

Finally riding a big boys bike
I purchased this bike this past weekend with the information that it was an HD. It has been posted elsewhere in the forum under fake HD thread. The previous owner didn’t likely know it wasn’t an HD. I certainly didn’t pay what a true HD bike would have commanded. Anyway, during my investigation I removed the badge, it was siliconed on as the effort to get the rivets in poorly drilled holes was a failure. As I was sanding to reveal the old location, I noticed a white oval appearing As well as the location of the original badge mounting holes. You can see in progression of photos. Anyhow, the seller also had a bunch of other stuff I got from him, of of which was a deluxe flyer badge. Strangely enough, it fit perfectly after I punched the old rivet remnants into the head tube. Is this bike a prewar Schwinn built Deluxe Flyer? Any input appreciated. I’m really trying to make lemonade out of lemons here. 😀🤘🤘

Last edited:
It wasn’t as difficult as the last motorbike I had to identify. Strangely, it turned out to be a Hawthorne built by GWM. Everyone here was quite helpful with the information needed. But it did take a but load of time to figure it out. I’m hoping this AS bike will be a bit faster as I only have a month to build it out for a contest on another forum.

Also found this AS Henderson ad with same graphics and color.
View attachment 1676638
Unlikely it was ever badged Henderson. The Henderson (square version) badge holes do not align with the Deluxe Flyer.
I am excited to see what you do with the bike. Congratulations! It is also good to know one less faux-Harley is out there in the World making mischief.

Here is the Henderson badge:

View attachment 1676726
Thanks Brant, I suspected the badge wouldn't fit. But is it possible that this Deluxe Flyer badge is correct. I have never seen an AS Flyer. Really, what are the odds that I happened to buy the correct badge for this fake HD. Would Schwinn plant use the same schemes on frames with different branding? It doesnt seem out of the realm of possibility.

I think it would be very possible. I never really paid much attention to who built my Deluxe Flyer as it was too beaten down after it arrived and I turned it in a sign; "lemons to lemonade" thread. I will take a look when I go back to Hershey next.

Back