When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Assistance to identify and date - Canadian Cycle Motor (CCM)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Studie23

On Training Wheels
Hi all,

We are new to this forum, but not new to restorations. We came upon this bike, could not leave it where it was, it was different and screaming "help me".

I hope you can help with identifying the Canadian child bike, which is in Australia. We consider this to be a "Rustoration" or Resuscitation (with hope for a resurrection). Condition: requires "some" TLC - ok alot of TLC. Seriously evaluation is, the frame is constructed out of flat steel and looks to be blacksmith hand riveted. Appreciate if any one information on what it may have looked like or similar. Online the closest we have seen is a "velocipede" style. Appreciate, if anyone on the forum can help.

CCM Bike 1.jpg

CCM Bike 2.jpg

CCM Bike 3.jpg

Post the picture on the Vintage CCM site. That should help.I have seen trikes built like that before just not sure about the 2 wheel style.

Assuming the badge is original it was built between 1917 and 1940. It says Weston, and the first year of the Weston (in Toronto) factory was 1917. Here are pics of one probably built in the late 1940s, with a newer type badge:
slide1.jpg

Does your frame show any signs of being bent or modified to change it from a trike to a bike? I've never seen a 2-wheel version before but it's possible.

Post the picture on the Vintage CCM site. That should help.I have seen trikes built like that before just not sure about the 2 wheel style.
Hi David, Thanks, we are posting on both sites, but definitely a two wheeler frame, made from flat quarter steel and two frames have been riveted together, with a gap in the middle, it looks like it has been pressed into shape. Thank for photos, but construction seems much earlier.

CCM Bike 4 - rear fork view.jpg

Last edited:
Could the two wheel version be home made using one of the tricycles? The frame seems crudely bent at the back wheel. Could they have removed the rear cross frame and re-bent the frame to use one of the rear wheels, then passed along to the next younger sibling...

This bike shows up in the 1939 CCM Catalogue. As posted on the Vintage CCM site. Its the real deal and I would say pretty rare.

Back