When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atherton Hub Disassembly

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

KevinsBikes

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I am working on two Atherton hubs, these are such intricate and different hubs. I need these pieces circled if anyone has some spare internals. It will be interesting if I can ever get this back together.

1b38070c786a9b711aa56886815f9a39.jpg

251c332fe2db1f63f4fa5846b761d901.jpg

33dcd0777ebc8c13c4bddf44ae94daa5.jpg

793c2651c7874ecf2cd4341d42d56f5d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one or two complete Atherton hubs, no extra parts. I have not tried to take one apart yet.
I will give you one tip, loosen then ends so liquid can get inside soak it for months or longer - to get the internals out, you have to unscrew (on both ends) the threaded portion of the shell. I guess if I had a vice this would be easier. One side came off not terribly (reverse threaded) but the other size is proving stubborn (and I'm not 100% sure if both sides are reverse threaded). It is the most oddly designed hub I have seen, even the rest of the internals are so different.

Back