When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Atlas (?) 1930s (?) Bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have posted the bike in question on Tontonvelo, but thus far no replies out of dozens of viewers.
I contacted the seller and received the image of the opposite crank arm, but it shows less than the image I already posted, so no help there. I also asked where the seller obtained the bike to get an idea of what region it may have come from, but I received no reply to my query. The seller is located in Albareto (northwest Italy near cities Parma and Bologna), province of Parma, Emilia-Romagna. A lot of bike manufacturers from the Emilia-Romagna region so tough to use the seller's location as anything but a general idea that it might be from that region originally.

Suffice it to say that I will be in possession of this bike in 3-4 weeks regardless of its lineage. If Italian, and from the 30s, it will only be the 2nd Italian bike have from that era (if my Gerbi is indeed from the 30s also). I have been told that it is in "smooth running condition", but I take that with a grain of salt given my experience regarding older bikes in the 75 years old, and older range (or any bike for that matter!).

My main thought is at least to determine its manufacturer/country so I can see if I can source a head badge for it. no idea if any real remnants of paint/decals for livery ID remain on it. Hopefully, upon closer scrutiny, I can find something to go by.

The bike arrived yesterday while I slept; so glad the delivery guy/girl does not wake me up! The bike weighs a ton in the box (unopened as yet); maybe I got sent extra stuff, but I doubt it. I figure it is about 60 lbs or more so I got my money's worth on the shipping cost. I will post more detailed photos once I open it up this weekend and hopefully be able to provide some more information after seeing it close-up and personal.
I had recently obtained that head badge I previously posted, and I cannot even find any information given the details shown on the badge. It seems the Italian Atlas marque has flown completely under the "online radar" since the only hit I got (for Italian) was that badge which I purchased both to add to the odd Italian badge collection, and to have it as a possible candidate for mounting on this bike even though I doubt it is of the correct time period if of the same marque.

Back