When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ATOM 440 PEDALS

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
They used the same pedal on Ladies' Super Sports and Continentals as they did on the Men's models. To my knowledge there was only one size of those pedals.

IMG_0347.JPG
OK,Thanks.I have a pair of 440s and a pair of Union rat traps.The Unions are noticeably longer. Thought I may have bought the Atoms wrong. The reflectors may not be correct for my '73 S/T. I have others.The ID chart has been a huge help. Thanks momo608.

Last edited:
Thought I may have bought the Atoms wrong. The reflectors may not be correct for my '73 S/T.

Not just the reflectors, but I believe that Atom 440 is dated 1980 and also has a peened (non-serviceable) spindle. For a '73 Sports Tourer you would want an undated 2nd gen. pair, which were used from '72 through part of '74. Those would also have spindles with adjustable (and removable) cones allowing them to be serviced.

Yep, I'm going to switch reflectors and use the pedals for now.Thanks again

Last edited:
Not just the reflectors, but I believe that Atom 440 is dated 1980 and also has a peened (non-serviceable) spindle. For a '73 Sports Tourer you would want an undated 2nd gen. pair, which were used from '72 through part of '74. Those would also have spindles with adjustable (and removable) cones allowing them to be serviced.

Soon to be in the markeet for the rebuildable version - how does one tell the difference?

Soon to be in the markeet for the rebuildable version - how does one tell the difference?
You can tell by the date stamp, so far the latest rebuildable ones I've recorded were dated 05-78 (May 1978). Those dated 01-80 or later were non-rebuildable. So sometime in-between those dates they were changed. In other words from what I know so far any dated 05-78 or earlier should definitely be rebuildable.

Found em on the bay circa 1977.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1535308878891.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1535308878891.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 124
Back