eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Sven

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 24, 2017
Mechanicsville, MD, United States
First of all that really sux a big one.
I see that the "Attention Customer" sticker has the " Recieved Unsealed". Thats not unsealed. That package should be "Recieved Damage "( looks damged by a cut to the front of the box and then pried the side down) and Recieved Without Contents"
Did this package go through the Postal Distribution Center in MEMPHIS, TN?
My dad lives in Mississippi, a lot of his mail gets lost or damaged there.
Like @vincev said the clown probably has no clue as to what they are. Hopefully if the perp knows what they are, they will put it on eBay or CL. CRIMINALS ARE DUMB LIKE THAT.

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
Dude, that suxs!

Guess they don't make mail men ( postal workers) like they used to.

What is your area?

Btw. What did the seller say. Is he legit?
The seller is a stand-up guy. This was clearly theft by a postal worker. V/r Shawn

Reactions: aasmitty757

oldfart36

I live for the CABE
May 2, 2012
Parsons, United States
Hope you can find them! Thieves! The crawling creatures of the world!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Sven

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Dec 24, 2017
Mechanicsville, MD, United States
I reread the cities the package stopped, Memphis was not one of them. Just for future reference, if anyone is sending stuff through that PSDC.

mrkmcdonnell

Finally riding a big boys bike
Apr 3, 2013
New Jersey, United States
This really sucks and undermines ones confidence in the usps if it wasn't already. Like others, I am suspect of contracted handlers, and will keep these on my radar. The bad news is the idiot may realize the limited market and therefore perceived value to fence these, unlike electronics etc and callously discard them.

The good news, I'm gathering, is the support you are getting from the CABE community even if at best in the end its moral support.

I've downloaded the photo for reference.
Harkening back to my school days, I knew it would come in handy some day, I've created a mnemonic which may be helpful for some to remember theses badges.

British Petroleum Exxon Sunoco HAWKS Bunker Heavy.

Beards. British
Peoria. Petroleum
Eastern Speedster. Exxon Sunoco
Hoffman Arrow. HA
Walco. W
Kalamazoo Supercycle. KS
Ben Hur. Bunker Heavy

If you can't relate to this.... Google it?! Or create your own!

Hope this is somehow resolved for you Shawn.

Reactions: Freqman1
This ad goes away when you register for an account!

olderthandirt

Jun 15, 2012
pilot mt n.c.
did the shipper put any insurance on the package ? i have a neighbor who hacks my computer and watches what i buy on ebay then he breaks in and steals the most expensive items to resell .i have put in an security system and nailed the windows shut next item will be a couple of dobermans as soon as our gentle std poodle passes she just turned 14 .i have a friend who trains attack dogs for the german police and military he trains belgium melonyows there about two thirds the size of a german shepherd i cannot afford one of his dogs 15 to 20 k depending on the level of training but he can help me train mine some i hope .i just want them to rip him to shreads ,sorry about the rant but i feel your pain buddy

Reactions: volksboy57

dave the wave

I live for the CABE
May 22, 2006
planet earth
Hey shawn i work for the U.S.P.S. as a MHA mail handler.we are a hub for incoming parcels from the west coast then ship to all the states.everything is scanned when we recieve all the packages.they will be able to track it from all the scans.PM me if you would like.

Last edited:

volksboy57

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Feb 10, 2012
Novato, Ca
did the shipper put any insurance on the package ? i have a neighbor who hacks my computer and watches what i buy on ebay then he breaks in and steals the most expensive items to resell .i have put in an security system and nailed the windows shut next item will be a couple of dobermans as soon as our gentle std poodle passes she just turned 14 .i have a friend who trains attack dogs for the german police and military he trains belgium melonyows there about two thirds the size of a german shepherd i cannot afford one of his dogs 15 to 20 k depending on the level of training but he can help me train mine some i hope .i just want them to rip him to shreads ,sorry about the rant but i feel your pain buddy
wow, your neighbor sounds like a crazy person

mrkmcdonnell

Apr 3, 2013
New Jersey, United States
Sounds like a job for the police. But still, I'd arm with a shot gun. You only feed it shells and you don't have to pick up the poop.

Nickinator

Riding my '38 Deluxe Bluebird
Jul 21, 2011
Mpls, MN
I have lost all confidence in USPS after the last INSURED priority package I sent was broken open and a pedal and chain went missing. The package was sealed back up and sent along its way to my buyer with no damaged sticker or any explanation from USPS.

I filed a claim, it was denied. They said there was no evidence of the package being damaged, because no one had put a damaged package sticker on it. It had a roll of tape on it that I certainly didn’t put on it and it was clearly smashed and an end broken open.

I am in the process of appealing it but their lack of communication and follow up is beyond ridiculous. Its been months. For a $48 claim.

Makes me wonder if their contract with Amazon has something to do with it, too much mail to handle properly, avoiding having claims, who knows.

Darcie

crazyhawk

Oct 17, 2009
Lakeside Ohio, United States
Man, that's a bummer. Sorry to here about this. I always fear stuff like this happening during shipping. I just can't understand why anyone would risk committing a serious crime tearing open a box when they don't even know what's inside. Could've been a box of crayons for all they knew. Crazy. Hope you can get usps to take action somehow.

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
Thanks everyone but I've already resigned myself that I'm out a bunch of money and those badges will never surface--probably thrown in the trash. The seller is working through the process but I have little faith in the postal service. V/r Shawn

Last edited:

GiovanniLiCalsi

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 29, 2012
Alameda, California
Well I finally found a use for the "Urgent" button. Today I received a small Priority box that had been cut open on the end and seven badges (one package) had been removed. The stolen badges are: Eastern Speedster, Peoria King, Beards, WALCO, Kalamazoo Supercycle, Hoffman Arrow, & Ben Hur. If anyone sees any of these on FaceBook Marketplace, EBay, etc... Please try to get a name, address, email or whatever and contact me. Thanks, Shawn

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2419.jpg

IMG_2421.jpg
Damn them all to Hell!

bikiba

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Apr 17, 2014
NYC
Thanks everyone but I've already resigned myself that I'm out a bunch of money and those badges will never surface--probably thrown in the trash. The seller is working through the process but I have little faith in the postal service. V/r Shawn
why would you lose your money? They didnt insure it?

This ad goes away when you register for an account!