When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

attitudes around here are making us look bad

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sm2501

CABE owner
System Administrator
I took over this site some 15 or so years ago to help the hobby grow and wanted it to be a fun place to come to. But it seems that over the last year or two that things have been going down hill as far as attacks on different people on the site (either in fun or serious), sarcasm like we're hanging out with a bunch of buddies that know us well, backstabbing to other members, not encouraging newbies, slanderous remarks, etc. It's really become quite sad. I have heard from reading posts, and other collectors (mostly ones that don't come onto the CABE, that we are viewed as a bunch of mean whiners. How sad is that? We are adults who love old bicycles, have a blast when we go to meets or on rides, but when getting behind the computer there are some keyboard cowboys that just make this not a welcoming site.

This needs to stop. As I have said before, this is my living room, and I expect folks visiting my living room to act civilly , and enjoy each other, not bash each other. I also expect language to be kept at a G level.

I have asked all the moderators to make sure they know where the delete key is. If there is a thread that is the least bit unfriendly, condescending or just sarcastic, it's gone. No friendly pm's asking for a revision, but gone.

If you have a problem with another member, pm or email them. Keep it off my site.

Let's keep it light, informative and fun!

What I have found interesting is that in the last 6 months, in talking to other people who were selling bikes that I was inquiring about, I would get around to casually asking if they were on the CABE. I'm paraphrasing here, but the consensus response from these three individuals, all male, was that there was too much drama and that is why they were not CABE members.

Scott, thanks hitting the "RESET" button.

Mike

thank you

i RECENTLY WAS GUILTY OF THIS TYPE OF SNIDE comment or remark , and I apologize, I thought this was the way this board exchanges . Thanks to SCOTT,for getting everything back on track , walter branche ,partin parts all over the world 24/7 -

I also guilty of snide, sarcastic propaganga....Sorry. keep the CABE vibrant and accomodating!

Last edited:
I usually keep my comments off the forums, I just cry to my wife about it:rolleyes:
I love this site,not sure what i'd do without it...seriously. .thank you

I've always tried to live by the motto " if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all"... I have seen some of the banter and have questioned it to myself... I'm really thankful for the CABE and the knowledge I've learned from it, I said in a thread a couple of months ago.... "At some point, maybe not long ago, many of us didn't know what we do now about our Hobby...Let's encourage the newbies (we all were at one time)...we'll all benefit from it!" Keep the CABE friendly!

Does that mean I have to quit picking on Dave even though he is my..........................?

Back