When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auction find

-

robertc

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I posted a photo of this bike on JD's post of your weekly finds. I was at an living estate auction yesterday and was able to get this old girl. From the serial number of A13527 she appears to be a 1923 A-10. She is rusty and crusty but currently my oldest by 12 years. I'm not going to stress over the front wheel as this will be a long term project. Unlike some, I believe if she has made it this long with only being slightly crippled then she will stay together.
bfc044a226a04a2f1de45553b99b1a33.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Nice find, good bones & a lot of potential. You have pretty much everything. Finding a pair of 28" metal clads should be no problem. Good luck with it.

I would recommend getting a pair of English 28 x 1 1/2 rims and lacing those on so you don't have to deal with the expense of one piece glue on tires

Since this is my first 28" rims, I feel certain I will be asking for ideas and suggestions. Thanks for the tip.

A lot will depend on whether you decide to ride it or not. If not, it will be easy to just get another wood wheel to add and hang it on a wall. There are several options if you want to ride it. Some more expensive than others. Figure a budget and try to stick to it. Great find!

I guess the decision will follow on how she cleans up and the overall condition. I already have several ladies bikes that the wife rides in the 4th of July parades. This one would make heads turn due to the age. Of course, cost factors will have to be included in making her a rider. I want to keep her as original as possible. Its just my style.

Back