When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Auction score of the year?

-
i dont see 8 to 10 either and im not just saying this because id like to buy the bike. its in ranger scheme. they dont seem to pull the money as much as the others, and i do love my rangers. that being my take any way, that said the condition would bring it to the top of the food chain. its a beautiful bike, its exciting to know bikes like this in this kind of condition are still out there. ok im waiting for the ranger hate mail

Its a beautiful find of course, but I agree 8-10K is a stretch, If I owned this bike and someone offered me 8k for it I would sell it in a heartbeat!

Beautiful bike! It's hard to find bikes that nice for retail prices let alone for a "good price". Nice to know not everyone watches "pickers"! Yep, I'd say you get the award!

Thanks guys for the awesome information so far. I'm hoping more people chime in.

I guess I'm not terribly comfortable saying what I paid for it, as I'm a Minnesotan and don't want to brag too much, but lets just say that anybody on the cabe would have paid what I paid for it (and the wives should agree after explaining that you just turned x amount of money into 12+ times that worth of bicycle). It wasn't cheap for a generic cruiser bicycle, but definitely cheap for what it is.

In the fender ornament realm of things, are there any good resources for looking at a wide variety of them? Has anybody compiled a guide? I'm not convinced that the ones talked about in the thread are what was on it. Even if it's not correct, I like the story of the guy in Wyoming who rode it around town, and that this is his bicycle. If it was changed by him at some point back in the day, it would have been a period correct accessory, and I like that. Sure, the whippet/greyhound may be correct, but the ones presented here just don't have the same base. I may pick up the correct one someday, but right now I'd like to know what was on it. I think the key is the curvature of the base and support.

The pictures were all supposed to be linked to the full size images, but using the picture as an url apparently doesn't work (worked in the preview though). I'll see about editing the posts to have the url to the full size image too.

I'd go for the dog Shaun has offered, but I like things complete. If you later found

something else, the dogs are market value. If this bike came up at Copake as-is,

It would easily make $8K+. It's very rare and I like Rangers too.......!

This is the pump you are looking for.....

IMG_2164_zps6526cac8-1.jpg

what Market do you need to hit for people to pay 8.000 to 10.000 for this Bike?
I think it is a Beautiful and Cool Bike.
Thats a lot of money.

I worked at an Auto Auction years ago.
They had Free Beer there for anyone who had a bidder number.
Does anyone wonder why they gave Free Beer?

Back